Lots of iWatch owners wonder how to connect the apple watch to a Peloton bike. Because different devices running on different operating systems can be challenging to sync. That is why I have researched every possible way to help you complete the connection.
You will need an iPhone and the peloton app alongside the peloton bike and apple watch in this particular situation. But I have found that the official app is not so mature as its competitor apps. So, I have researched and found alternatives to the peloton app with more benefits. Without further ado, let’s get started.
What Is the Device and OS Requirement?
First of all, you have to understand that the watch can’t operate on its own. Your iPhone runs the Peloton app, and the iWatch measures your heart rate. At the same time, the wristwatch keeps communicating with the iPhone.
So, we need to consider the versions of both devices and their operating systems. The Peloton app requires iPhone 6 or above and any Apple Watch Series to operate.
For the OS version, make sure that your iPhone is updated to iOS 13 or above. On the other hand, the iWatch needs to have WatchOS version 6.0 or above. Now, you are ready to install the app on your iPhone.
Note: Both of the devices need to run on the latest operating systems to work properly.
How to Connect Apple Watch to Peloton Bike
Assuming that you have successfully installed the app, I recommend you to make some customizations. Go to Apple Health, and enable all options so that the watch can operate using all of its sensors.
At this point, officials recommend to turn the GPS on to track the workout metrics correctly. But it is optional for Peloton bike users. As you are not running outdoors, you don’t need to measure the distance or see the map’s track.
However, we still need to know the total riding distance. And the sensors on the Peloton bike are perfectly capable of doing that.
Enough of those pre-requisite boring talks; let’s discuss the connecting process.
- Open the app on the iPhone, and select the ‘More’ tab.
- After choosing the “Apple Watch” option, follow its on-screen instructions.
- Thus, the watch is now connected to the bike.
Now, it is time to know how you can operate once the connection has been established.
- When you are ready to ride the indoor bike with the watch on your wrist, open the app from your watch.
- It would ask you to use your iPhone and touch on the start button.
- After a 5-second countdown, you would see that it is showing your heart rate and some other data.
How to Connect Apple Watch to Peloton Bike Plus
The more expensive version of our favorite spin bike comes with a more advanced and easier solution. It is the Apple GymKit app that offers 2-way synchronization between the bike and the watch.
Before we begin, I have to mention that previous versions of Watch Series 2 are not capable of running GymKit. Now, let’s talk about how to enable and pair the device like a sci-fi movie.
- Open the default workout app from iPhone, and enable the “Detect Gym Equipment” option.
- After that, enter into a pre-recorded class.
- Now, face the iWatch to the left of the camera at the top of the front monitor. You will feel a vibration and see a pop-up window stating “Connecting.”
- At this point, click on the “Ok” button on the watch to complete the connection.
Alternatives to Connect Apple Watch to Peloton Bike
The official app from Peloton is a great piece of software. But it is exclusive to bike and outdoor running. What will you do if you need to hit the gym or use a different indoor spin bike?
That is why I would like to recommend an alternative to the Peloton app that works across different devices. It is the BlueHeart app, which is totally free but shows ads. However, a monthly subscription fee can end that trouble.
The method for connecting is not very different than the first one. Have a quick read to know how to operate BlueHeart.
- Click on the app icon from the home screen of the iWatch.
- It would ask you to check the phone and start from there.
- After that, enable the Bluetooth option from your bike monitor.
- The list of available devices would include BlueHeart, and choose it to pair.
- After completing a 5-minute countdown, both devices get synced.
Almost all of the indoor bikes, including Peloton, rely on external devices for heart-rate monitoring. But lots of users don’t like to wear the chest or arm straps with cheap-quality sensors.
Those who already own an iWatch are lucky as it works perfectly as a heart-rate-monitor. I hope that my guide on how to connect Apple Watch to Peloton bike has helped you successfully make the bridge.
Are you still facing any issues? You can contact me stating your specific problem, and I will try my best to sort things out. Let’s ride in style!
- The 7 Best Peloton Bike Mats To Protect Your Hard Floor!
- What You Need to Know About Peloton Shoe Sizing?
- How to Move a Peloton Bike When Shifting to Your New Home?
- 7 Best Peloton Bike Seats and Cushions For Maximum Comfort!
- What Is The Best SPD Pedals For Peloton Exercise Bike?
- 11 Best Shoes For Peloton Bike: Spin With The Right Pair!